For the application you should send us your passport details. Upon receipt of your information we shall apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to get your visa approval reference number. Your visa application will be processed and if approved an authorization number will be sent to the Iranian embassy you nominated for collection. Our office will then email you the authorization number so that you can then obtain your visa. The authorization number confirms that your visa has been approved by MFA but does not itself constitute the visa. Normal processing time by the MFA is 5-10 days but applications for American and British passports may take longer.
Most nationalities require a visa to visit Iran. We will make the application in Iran and the visa will be issued by the relevant Iranian Embassies/Consulates.
How to get Visa
Obtaining a visa on arrival at an Iranian Airport
Visas can be issued on arrival at the international airports of Shiraz, Tehran, Mashad, Ispahan, and Tabriz for about 70 nationalities. Although this procedure is practical, please be advised that there is a risk that a visa may be refused. On arrival in Iran proceed to the Visa Office to make your application. Please note that these airport offices usually take 20-45 minutes to process a visa but if there is a large group, waiting-time may be longer.
- GIVEN NAME
- Gender (male or female)
- DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH
- FATHER’S NAME
- MARITAL STATUS
- PASSPORT NO. – DATE OF ISSUE – DATE OF EXPIRY
- PROFESSION/OCCUPATION (as below)
Nature of work
Name of company/organization
Note: Retired persons should provide the above information for their previous profession/occupation.
- PREVIOUS VISITS TO IRAN (Please give number of previous trips, if any, and date of the last trip in full: day/month/year)
11. PLACE WHERE VISA IS TO BE ISSUED (e.g. Iranian Embassy in Beijing)
We will make the application in Iran and the visa will be issued by the relevant Iranian Embassies/Consulates.
– Processing for an Authorization number from the Ministry of Foreign affairs takes longer than other nationalities due to extra security processing that needs to take place
– USA/CAN/UK Passport holders MUST be on a group or individually booked tour of Iran as it requires a registered guide to be present at all times during the tour.
– Visas for American & Candians can be issued at the Iranian Interest Section of the Pakistan Embassy in Washington, DC.
– If travelling on a group tour with 2001 TOUR &TRAVEL AGENCY, then this service is included in the tour price.
– If travelling independently then we charge the fee we pay to the MFA for your application.
Currently our fee is 35 USD or 25 Euro per person.
Ce message est également disponible en: Français